AMTA National Elections: Ballots Available Nov. 15
The American Massage Therapy Association’s National Elections will be open November 15 through December 1, 2017. All AMTA Professional members are eligible to vote and should receive their ballot via email with voting instructions on November 15.
Learn More About AMTA’s National Elections
AMTA National Board Candidate Checklist
For those being considered, applicants must meet the eligibility criteria and complete the application process. This includes:
- Sign board of directors code of conduct
- Fill out applicant eligibility form
- Sign conflict of interest form
- Take four online courses and pass the corresponding online exams.
- Fill out the bio application
- Submit 60-90 second candidate video
- Submit three letters of reference from professional and personal colleagues and friends. The letters should speak to skills in leadership, volunteer experience and team work.
- Participate in 30 minute phone interview with the Slate Selection Commission
What is the Slate Selection Commission?
The Slate Selection Commission is a group of current and recent past national volunteers with deep knowledge of AMTA who guide candidates through the application process and ensure they meet the high standards required of national board service.
Members eligible to serve on this commission includes: Chapter President Council Moderators, national presidents, past and current national committee members, past Commission on Candidacy members and past Slate Selection Commission members.
The Slate Selection Committee has the important responsibility to bring forward the strongest slate of candidates for the AMTA members to consider.